Carpe Diem

Finally, after being sick for the past 3 weeks I was able to go and get my Tattoo for Ironman. This design and tattoo mean a lot to me because it was such a journey and continues to be. I did not want the same old, same old. I did want the M-dot surrounded by a Maple leaf but I wanted it on the horizon of a road signifying the journey. I knew I wanted the words Carpe Diem because it is about siezing the day/moment and I think, at least for me, is an essential part of why I do these races and the 3 figures to represent each sport.

It is hard to tell where it is by the photo but it is on my right leg just above the knee on the IT band - a little bit of irony because my right IT band/hip have given me so much grief over the last 10 months but also practicality in that when I run, ride or swim the tattoo will be visible but it is covered during work hours. Also I did not want it on my back, calf or ankle for a host of reasons but mostly because I want to show it when I want to show it.

So without further adieu here are the pics.





Comments

Jon P said…
Sweet!!! Congrats. :)
Shazam said…
Thanks Jono! congrats to you to - I loved your race report - do you feel the way I do - I feel a little out of sorts - life was so focused and now not so much...

Popular posts from this blog

Best day ever!

Inside track to the Ironman Bike course

For the love of running