I love the WET/West coast

Sorry for not checking in for a while - no excuse really just busy getting back into it.

Today was absolutely gorgeous - one of the reasons I love living in Vancouver.  I can ride pretty much all year but the last few weeks the rides have been WET.  Today clear skys, sun and just gorgeous. I had an amazing ride and loved every moment of it. 

This is a good thing as I registered for the Whistler Gran Fondo bike race in September.  Race plans have changed a bit - I sat down with Coach Barb and based on that I changed somethings up.  The first being registering for the Bike race. It will be the inaugural year - the race goes from Downtown Vancouver to Whistler along the Sea-to-sky highway.  The organizers have said they will be closing one lane - which if they actually do will be amazing.  I am super excited to do this race - beautiful course - challenging and only 120kms.....

Next up I threw my hat in to the NY Marathon Lotto - cross your fingers - I have heard this is an amazing race and the crowds are absolutely incredible. 

Team BEAT JOE has officially registered for Osoyoos Half Iron in July - I will be doing the bike portion and it looks like I will be again racing Joe at the Oliver Halr Iron - third time is a charm? 

Stormy - I have not forgotten about it but have decide a more pragmatic approach might be better.  I am not a strong trail runner and this is a tough course so after talking with Coach I have decided that this year will be a build year - I am going to do the 5 Peaks Trail series and put a relay 4 person relay team in for Stormy with the 2011 being the year I run it solo. 

Oh and Coach Barb says I am doing the Cypress Hill Climb - she mentioned she was not pleased with my results last year - apparently my heart rate did not even go up....(I thought it did) and thus I have to do it again to redeem myself. 

Last but not least I am leading the BMO Vancouver Half clinic with Special K and it promises to be bigger and better - 101 currently registered - sure to go up with about 80% doing their first ever!  Wow that is a lot of peeps to guide through training to race day but we are up for the challenge. 

Yep 2010 is looking like it is going to be a great year!  Promise I will check in more often.

Peace out Shaun

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best day ever!

Inside track to the Ironman Bike course

Anatomy on how NOT to run a major Race