Reboot - Time to shake things up

I don't even know where to start so I decided a total reboot.

New title for the blog, new colors and well I am obviously not new but I am going for a new perspective  or at the very least rediscovering who I am and what makes me a bad ass.

For the last few years I have kind of lost myself - found reasons and excuses to not do things, I mean I was living and "racing" but I stopped pushing the envelope.  I started finding reasons to not do things, I put on a lot of weight,  and I just was not motivated. I thought that all was well  in my world  and then the poop hit the fan and my world was turned upside down and I have had to look at my self and all I believe and do some serious thinking about what matters to me and what I want in my life.

So as part of year  50 on this planet I decided that I would do my 4th Iron distance race- June 15 in Northern Spain.  Part of that was to start running regularly again so I found a run club close to home in September and meet up with them every Wednesday night.

It has been great - when I started I was struggling to run 7min km and was at the back of the group - dead last - and I was ok with it because I was getting out.  I then  signed up for the Capra 30x30 challenge for November - run a minimum 30 per day for 30 days of November. Since our club runs on Wednesdays, I actually started Oct 31.  I did complete the challenge and decided to keep going.  Previously I had always said I can't run more than 4 days a week- I will get injured.  Well today was day 89 and no injuries.

So at 50 years of age I have been running for 89 days straight and do not plan to stop.  The advantages have been: I have lost close to 30 pounds so far, I am now running 6.30 min km regularly,  and actually did a race last weekend where I ran 6 min km's which I have not done in 10 years.  I am not super fast and I am not trying to be super fast I am just running my pace but I stay in zone 1 and it is paying off.

I am also swimming 2x a week and riding 3x a week as well as doing weights and core 3x a week.

But maybe the biggest thing is that every morning when I get up before I do anything else I meditate - I am up to 7 min and then I do some stretching to start my day.  Actually even  bigger is I am working on my mind set - working to believe in myself, be intentional in my day, and change my perspective to look for positives.  So after I finish my breakfast I make a point of writing down at least 5 things I am grateful for.

My intention is to be the best person I can be and to start pushing the envelope again- to reach outside my comfort zone so I can have the life I want and deserve.  To believe in myself and to stop being insecure and worried about what others think.  To love myself. 

Next race is March 2 - half marathon Burnaby lake - goal time 2:15.

Push yourself - you can do more than you ever believe. Trust the universe and know you are awesome.

Peace out Shaun

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best day ever!

Anatomy on how NOT to run a major Race

For the love of running