It's done - time to put plan Ironman into action....

Yep I did it - as of 10 minutes ago I am officially registered for Subaru Ironman 2009 - Canada. GAAK - that is the first wave of nausea and panic - oihh it is going to be a long year. Apparently last night I woke my husband up at 2am and starting talking about times I needed and cutoffs (LOL) I have never done that so obviously I am already obsessing - if anyone out there has suggestions on how to settle down I would appreciate them.

The plan - basically swim, ride, run - LOTS. I have been thinking and planning and here is the general plan

This week I start back in the pool with my swim coach - I figure we will work on technique and form till January - 3 x a week. January we start building the distance and in May out to the open water I go.

Bike - I am shopping for a new bike and hope to have that done in the next few weeks so I can get it fit properly as my cycle coaches are moving to the interior pretty quick. I am still biking to work and back - 2 to 3x a week - total trip 30km. and Figure on Saturdays I will get out and do 1 - 2 hours as well as spin class on Monday nights - this of course is open to revision but that is the plan. In January I am going to start working with my cycle coaches and the group again - love to do it sooner but as always $$$ is the issue - unless someone wants to be my sugar daddy....

RUnning - currently I am training for a fall marathon - location to be announced. As well since I am coaching 1/2 clinics I run consistently every week so not too concerned about that. I plan on coaching the next clinic - will go into February and then co-coaching the Vancouver clinic - but in a more secondary position or even maybe giving up the 1/2 and co-coaching the full not sure yet. I want to be able to do the group rides on Sundays starting March - so intermittant rides with the until May should be okay.... I won't teach the summer clinic.

Core - I am determined to really work on core stuff - I say this - let's see if I do it.

So that is the plan - now just to follow it - to help me I have started a log book to monitor what I eat/drink and what I do for activities - again I will really try and use it. No promises though oh and I came up with a great diddly - Ironman - sung to the Spiderman song - it is quite catching.

Right off to find out about spin classes.

Shaun

Comments

Jon P said…
Good luck with IMC! I've heard nothing but good things about it, you'll do great... sounds like you're working from a good base.

I'm targeting 2010... but will probably do Lake Placid, closer to where I'm at (Toronto).

Take care, keep us posted on the RR forums.

jonovision_man
Anonymous said…
Wow. How exciting! I look forward to reading about your endeavours!

Popular posts from this blog

Best day ever!

Anatomy on how NOT to run a major Race

For the love of running