Only 5 more months.....

I can't believe how time flies. It seems like it was just yesterday I registered for Ironman.

Overall the training seems to be going okay - or at least I think so. I go back to the pool tonight after a forced rest hopefully it does the trick and my shoulder is fine.
I finally got a call about my MRI appointment for the Shoudler - wait for it - NOVEMBER 4th - yep NOVEMBER 4th! That would be exactly 13months to the day after I was hit! You just have to love public healthcare. I won't even be in the country then I will be in Ireland. I did not cancel the appointment - yet - I have put a call into my lawyer to see what he thinks I should do. I know the owner of the private MRI clinic I just don't want to pay for it and don't think I should have to - I did not jump in front of the car.... I am of two minds - I don't really think the MRI is going to tell me any more than I already know but I understand why my lawyer and doctor want it.

Honestly, some days I get so tired of all the hassles with doctor and physio and chiro appointments. The only time I can go is on my rest day Tuesdays or Saturdays before my workouts or I get up super early and do the workout and then go to my appointment. There are times I am tempted to say you know what settle it - just sign off but then I get in the pool or I go for a ride or run and the pain hits and it reminds me that if I settle then I don't get physio or chiro any more. Ah what are you going to do?

In two weeks I am going to be in my first Cycling race - apprehensive - you betcha. It is a time trial and coach wants me to do it so we can get a benchmark. Should be fun at the very least.

S

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best day ever!

Anatomy on how NOT to run a major Race

For the love of running