Revenge of the trainer

My indoor trainer - Oh how I hate riding on the trainer.

I know it is good for technique and you can get a good work out on the trainer while staying warm and dry in doors during the bad winter months.  Your bike stays clean, you can catch up on all your TV shows, watch movies and are safe from erratic drivers. 

But I still hate riding on the trainer.  Quite frankly I would rather poke myself in the eye with a pencil.  Thankfully living on the wet coast we have mild winters and generally can ride all year long with the exception of a couple of weeks usually in January. 

I honestly would rather ride outside in the cold and rain then on the trainier.  And have done so but as of late the girls have been riding in spin class at Coach B's new spin studio - I did not plan on going but a few weeks ago I took a small tumble down a flight of stairs at work and so part of the rehab was spin class (groan....). 

So I signed up for 5 classes figuring the weather would warm up pretty quick and everyone would jump outside.  THe classes are good but I still don't like them.  I tolerate them - so the last spin class I set up my bike on the trainer.  The trainer I had was a little hard to tighten but I tested it and all seemed well.

We got in to the zone and I was grudginly starting to enjoy myself.  My leg/hip was holding up pretty good and I was able to keep high cadences and maintain my heart rate zones.  There was about a 5 minutes left in the class when we were doing one last high cadence spin out.  I was in the drops legs flying when it happened.  The trainer got me - my back wheel came out and all the sudden I was going down.  It happened so quickly there was nothing I could do and to make matters worse I took out Judith!

Yes you read it right - I crashed in spin class and I took out other riders!   BAHHHAHHAHHAHHAH  Top THAT!  I mean have you ever heard anything so ridiculous?  You have to laugh - thankfully a quick visit to the chiro put my hip back in, the chain marks on leg are almost heeled.  My back wheel did not fair so well - you should have heard them at the bike shop when I explained what happened and why I need a new rear wheel .  I gave those boys something to talk about for the rest of the week.

Needless to say I hate spin class and the trainer even more now.  It is just not natural!   Once Isis gets her new back wheel which should be any day now me and her are returning to the great outdoors. 

Especially since the boys are planning on setting up a webcam in the studio.  The last thing I need is to be on You tube and go viral.  

Anyways I am pretty sure that I will be placed at the back of the class seperate from all and Coach B will check my trainer. Think I will take my helmet next time, oh and maybe some pillows - Safety First.

Peace out

Shaun

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best day ever!

Anatomy on how NOT to run a major Race

Inside track to the Ironman Bike course