Happy new year

Happy New Year! 

Since Vegas I have been taking it easy - still running , but no cycling or swimming and way too much turkey among other things and well I can feel and see it.  My clothes are a little snugger around the middle than they have been in a long time. 

Not to worry though I have registered for some races as I find that is always a good way to motivate me to stay true to my workouts.

Vancovuer BMO Full Marathon - yep I know I said I would never do this one again because I had done it a few times and it was old news but this year they have changed the course.  Now this was not enough to convince me because I am not a big fan of running on the seawall due to the canter but Judith decided that since the start line was a 6 min jog from her front door it was time to run her first full.  Sounds wierd when she has walked one and done 2 Ironman's but yep it is true this will be her first time running a full marathon.  So with the new course, me not leading any clinics, and Judith wanting a training buddy I thought why not?  So that is bought and paid for.

Joe and I have also registered for the Oliver Half Ironman again - I know we have both done it many times over now but it is  a great course, great organization and it fits well in our schedule so why not?  Plus it is like a mini holiday for us since we head up a few days before and usually stay a day or so after. 

Then Joe and his dad are registered to race the Trans-Alps race in Europe this summer - it is an 8-day mountain bike race through Germany and Italy - I think.  Either way it should be a great way for them to celebrate Joe Sr's 70th birthday.  Yep I wrote down 70th.  I just hope I am as active at that age.

Other things for the year - was hoping to do the Death Race as part of a relay team but with the cost of getting Joe over to Europe and such it just does not look like I can swing it.  BIG BOOOOOOOOO:(  This has been on my bucket list for a long time and looked like it might actually happen this year but everything has its time  - next year!

Thinking of signing on for the Axel Merkx Penticton Gran Fondo - heard the course is challenging but good and it will give me something to do while Joe is riding the Alps - maybe not as impressive but I don't ride mountain bikes so this will suffice for me.  (Plus I looked at the Alps course and there are some pretty sketchy parts). 

Last but not least need to think about my fall race - Portland maybe?  Maybe a Canadian city?  Toronto - I have been there but never really investigated the city since it has always been for work...... Again though with 2013 being Goofy and Ironman year we will have to watch our pennies to make it all happen. 

Resolutions - try to be more patient;  not have such high expectations of others; smile more; be more positive and train smarter.  

Here is to a fantastic 2012 - lets start making memories.

Peace out
Shaun

Comments

Anonymous said…
Good กV I should definitely pronounce, impressed with your site. I had no trouble navigating through all tabs and related info ended up being truly simple to do to access. I recently found what I hoped for before you know it in the least. Reasonably unusual. Is likely to appreciate it for those who add forums or anything, site theme . a tones way for your customer to communicate. Nice task..
Tippmann A-5 FLATLINE PAINTBALL BARREL

Popular posts from this blog

Best day ever!

13 hours 50 minutes - goal time

For the love of running