New beginnings

Yes it has been awhile since I last posted. No excuse really just caught up in life, coaching and the holidays.

Everyone always asks what is your new years resolution and I can honestly say that I don't really make them because I try to make ongoing resolutions. Find ways to improve myself as a person and an athlete. Resolutions to give back to the community and my friends - I figure it is better that way.

We are all a work in progress - especially myself and sometime it is painful to see yourself as others do. Myself I can be control freak, I am outspoken and blunt. And while my intention is not to be a bitch - I am often protrayed and seen that way. I don't believe in BS - as a general rule if you ask me I will tell you - if you do not want to hear it please do not ask, get the job done - basically put up or shut up. I like to think that I am a good listener and flexible but I also have the courage of my convictions and refuse to back down or apologize for them if I feel I am right - just as do not expect others to. That does not mean that you are not entitled to yours - it is just a let's agree to disagree.

So as a new clinic begins in the next 3 weeks and the current one wraps up I have been taking to heart observations made about me and well it can be a bitter pill to swallow. I don't want to be known as the tyrant to my clinic members and am upset that my group leaders use me as a threat to their pace groups rather than a resource. I am not sure how to overcome this because overall feedback on my clinics is always good and I get a lot of returnees so I like to think I am doing something right. Maybe I am too sensitive - maybe that should be the resolution - to be less sensitive. Oh and to train harder for the Oliver Half. That is the other resolution - after taking the month of December off except for running on January 2 I have jumped in full steam ahead. So far so good - have done all my scheduled workouts for the last 3 days - only 141 training days to go....

Resolving to post more

Shaun

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best day ever!

13 hours 50 minutes - goal time

For the love of running