2 steps forward, step back

What a roller coaster the last week or so has been.

I was starting to feel pretty good - got clearance from my physio to go to the pool and light spinning on the bike - I am always a bit sore after each workout but I expect it and have incorporated ice baths after to help with the healing process.

ICBC came through and I got $$$ for the bike, helmet, tights and boots so that is good. Bike ordered just in the nick of time - there were only 3 left in Canada and none by the end of the day so that was a relief - should be arriving at the bike shop this week. Yippeee

Physio seemed to be going okay she has been working on my left shoulder and mid back which is aches of and on. OMG - OMG - OMG the first treatment was on Tuesday and I woke up in the middle of the night with sharp pain but I took some motrin and was able to fall asleep. Was achy but no more than usual then I saw her again on Thursday and explained what had happened on Tuesday night. She seemed to think this was not too big a concern and did another treatment on the area and incorporated heat. After leaving it felt achy but not too bad but Thursday night I woke up with spasms so I decided Robacital (sp???) got an ice pack and lied there for a while until it eased. Friday morning I was tired and achy but it was bearable. Friday night - holy friggin hell - I woke up in the middle of the night to it spasming again and just lied there for the next 3 hours waiting for the Robacital to kick in and cried off and on - yep cried - I have never in my life felt pain like that. Finally around 6 in the morning I fell asleep for a few hours. All day Saturday it ached and was spasming. Saturday night more of the same but not quite as bad because I took a robacital before I went to sleep and chased it with a Motrin - woke up a few times during the night but figures out a way to lie with pillows and such that I put no pressure on my shoulder or back. Last night was a repeat again but again not as strong. Today I go see physio and I am going to tell her that whatever the hell she did - she is not to do that again to me EVER!

I want to recover and move forward not fall back so hard that I actually wish bad things on the guy that hit me. People have said that the soft tissue stuff will take longer to come out - I hope this is it and it is not a sign of things to come because I do not know if I can do IRonman feeling this way.

S

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best day ever!

Anatomy on how NOT to run a major Race

For the love of running