Another deposit made

I like to think that each training session is like a deposit in my race account. And on that belief I am pretty confident that I made an extra large deposit last night.

Woke up yesterday to snow - I was like this is a real bad April Fools joke. Thankfully by around 10am it turned to rain. Did a tempo training run at lunch thinking about coaches comments on faster cadence = faster time. Did just over 5km in 32 min - still slower than normal but getting stronger and faster each run. Leg felt good till about 4.7km and then it announced so I dialed it back a smidge. Remembering my physio's words - Repeat with me - you were hit by a truck - don't worry I corrected her - I told actually I was there and it was jeep.... (she kind of appreciated the humour).

Last night is the weekly ride with coach up Cypress the local mountain - since it stopped snowing I knew we were going up. The workout was actually 4 min muscle tension hell - woops I mean hill repeats on Cypress. We were supposed to do 5 I got in 4 - and my knee/hip held up pretty good - but I was feeling it on the 4th so probably good I did not get the 5th in. The weather was miserable - cold, rain - lots of it and a wicked wind. It was a little nerve wracking on the ride back to the cars along the highway. I am not gonna lie - I was anxious. I have not been that cold or wet since Iron MOuntain - it was bad. But the deposit has been made and I am glad I did it.

I however had had enough water for one day between running and riding in it that I did not do the swim last night. So deposit not as large as it could have been but sometimes you have to have a little luxury.

Thankfully the rain has stopped and will hold off for tonights track workout with my half marathon clinic.

Shaun

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best day ever!

Anatomy on how NOT to run a major Race

Inside track to the Ironman Bike course