Being on Video

Last night I went an consulted with a swim coach who taped my stroke.

I know I have made lots of improvements in my stroke and felt like I turned a corner but the video shows I have a lot more work to do. I am seriously considering trying to find my swim teacher from when I was 7 and kicking them in the shin. I don't know what the hell kind of swimming they were teaching me but jeez after taking lessons all through my childhood I would expect to be a little better than I am.

So my kick needs to improve - my masters coach said it was looking good this guy said it was not so great... do not bend the knee. I actually pull water now but apparently my arm strokes are not quite there. He did say my breathing was good but I need to keep my face in the water.

Overall I think it was a very informative session that I hope I can take a lot from and apply to improve to ensure I am out of the water well before cut-off times instead of just scraping in there.

Ciao
S

Comments

Kirsten said…
well, at least the critique came with positives! and just think, the next time you get videotaped there will be yet more progress! i myself hate keeping my face in the water, it gives me the worst feeling of claustraphobia. ick.

go go super shaun! training to save the day!

Popular posts from this blog

Best day ever!

13 hours 50 minutes - goal time

For the love of running