Thankful

It never ceases to amaze me the great friends and family that I have and how without their never ending support and encouragement I am not sure I would be able to reach all my goals let alone go after them.

On Monday my significant other stopped in the office on his way home to bring me roses for no other reason than just because and my sister sent me an amazing email that reduced me to tears because it was so sweet. I think far too often we forget the important role our family and friends play in our training. We take for granted that of course he will make dinner AGAIN because I am going to Masters for swimming or sure she can meet me Saturday after 2 not 11am since I have to get in my bike ride and then the sorry I did not make it I got a flat and blah blah blah - can we reschedule?

I am fortunate in that I have Joe and my friends who I can use as training partners for different aspects of training. Anyone who has trained for or is considering training for longer distances can tell you the time commitment is huge and if you do not have the support of your family and friends it makes it that much more difficult. Training first - all else second.

So I just wanted to say thank everyone - I do appreciate and adore all of you even if I forget to tell you. Because of you I am getting that much closer to the dream.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best day ever!

Anatomy on how NOT to run a major Race

For the love of running