Training blahs...

With 5 weeks till race day - I find myself having trouble getting "up" for all my workouts. Once I get out there and start going I am fine but I really mentally argue with myself to do it.

And it does not help that I know this a normal part of training. Trying to think of ways to motivate myself is a daily struggle. Tonight I have another swim session with my new Master's group and I am not sure if I am just not meshing with this coach or his style is not my clicking for me but I don't feel like I am accomplishing anything. He stands and watches me swim and then I have to coax out of him what I need to work on. It does not feel interactive and I feel like I am digressing which is worrisome. I however have paid for this month so will finish it out before I make a final decision. He is nice enough, and they all seem nice. It might be that they are all exceptionally faster than me but again I am not sure that is the problem as they were all faster than me in West Van to. I find that he does not seem to do set drills - maybe that is the problem.

Or maybe it is as I mentioned before training burn-out. Tempted to skip the workout and go for a spa day instead tonight but with only 35 days of training which is actually 30 when you factor in Taper a spa day will have to wait until the June 2nd.

Sigh
Shaun

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best day ever!

Inside track to the Ironman Bike course

For the love of running