What do I want to be when I grow up?

I work in administration but I am a trained nuclear med tech who has not actually done that for over 16 years. I enjoyed the Nuclear medicine but being a casual on-call did not pay the bills or put food on the table so I went into office administration.

However over the past 2 years I have come to realize I don't want to do that anymore- well that is not completely true - I like some parts of it but other parts I don't.

Currently where I work is OK - I made a major change 7 months ago mostly for $$ reasons and am regretting that decision more and more. There were other reasons but the main reason was $$ and I knew they could not pay me more where I was. I loved the people and the actual work gave me purpose this position not so much. Plus I work with someone who is a lot like me and it has been a little eye-opening and unsettling. This person is great at their job, efficient, accurate, focused but they are also abrupt, intense and impatient - it is like walking on egg shells around them - it makes for a very uncomfortable work environment most days. I now realize how hard it must have been at times to work with me when I was in the "zone". I never meant to be abrupt or impatient but I now see that it comes across that way and I apologize to all my former co-workers - thank you for not stapling my hand to the desk - I now see the light and will change my ways.

But back to what do I want to be when I grow up???? I don't know - I try to think about what I love and what makes me feel happy and it is when I am training or leading or coaching - I love that and have fun at it. So I guess what I need to do is win the Lotto so I can retire and I can take some courses to be a tri-coach (for beginners) and go from there.

This weekend is the Cypress Hill Climb - Coach has all registered in it - should be good. The climb is just under 13km from start to finish - the Green Goddesses and I are meeting at Park Royal to ride up to the Start line as a warm-up - it is steeper than the actual climb. Hoping for nothing but sun and warm temps.

Will report on Monday how it went.

Shaun

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best day ever!

Anatomy on how NOT to run a major Race

For the love of running